Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hair for competition

Ok so here is the new dance team hair style for this year.... we will try it out and see how it goes.

I have step by step pictures and instructions if you scroll down a little. I just put this picture on to make sure you know to put the 3 ponytails going from the top of the head down to the ear on the left side (not to the back of the head)

I decided to do it to my niece's hair to show you that it can be done to short hair as well....


So Here goes..... Section off the left side of the hair... make a part going back and down. I pull the rest up so it doesn't get mixed in.


Now put 3 small ponytails going down the left side. It will work better if you evenly part them (it is easier to get out and it looks cleaner)





Using clear elastics is best then you don't see them. Sally's has a bag for $1 with like 300 in in...
Now turn the 3 pony tails inside out
make a hole/part toward the face and push the pony tail through it.... pull to tighten.










Sorry don't know why I posted so many views of this step...










Now just pull all the hair over to the right side behind the ear into a ponytail. bobby pins are a must to hold it in especially with short hair.








I then put the ponytail into a bun securing it with another elastic and bobby pins.








Now put the hair piece over the bun. My girls do not have thick hair so I wrap the hair piece around 2x and then bobby pin the heck out of it!!

Also make sure you hair spray it a lot as well. You can add glitter spray too, it looks great!! Spray the glitter before you come the schools generally don't like us to spray it there. (Glitter really is optional)



And ta da!! Let me know if anyone has questions!!

Also remember you need the two diamond/rhinestone bobby pins to put on the opposite side of the little ponytail things....













No comments: